12.07.2009

Jackson Trip!

Thomas and I visited Jackson, MS this past weekend since I had never been to the area and I wanted to get a feel for where I would be living for the next 3-??? years. Let me first say that I just LOVED it. It was a lot better than I imagined it to be. I don't know why, but I NEVER imagined myself living in Mississippi. I always thought Alabama was bad enough! Goes to show you God has a sense of humor and our plans are definitely NOT His plans, and vice versa.

When we got there we met our real estate agent, who had been recommended by Thomas' company. She was so nice, but I've got to say that she had THE biggest southern accent I have ever heard and I've never heard someone roll their "R's" more than she did! But she was really cute and showed us all around Jackson's surrounding areas (Madison, Ridgeland, and Brandon... the 3 areas we are considering to move to) and even gave us daycare advice, showed me the local hospitals (there are 5!), and showed us 4 houses. It was a bit overwhelming at first but there seems to be a lot to do there. She showed us the Reservoir and it is HUGE! I am so excited about that, I have never lived near a large body of water. She said there is a lot of boating and water activities that go on in the summer at the Rez. There are even a few restaurants right on the water.

We spent about 3 hours just driving around. There were a lot of shopping areas and I saw 8 Kroger's in about a 15 mile radius! No Publix, though, but that's ok. We also drove past a TON of churches. There was literally a church on every corner, not that I'm complaining about that! Just means that finding a good church will probably be kind of hard. I know that God has everything all planned out. I can only pray that God leads us to a godly and biblical church that has been as wonderful to us as our current church. I get teary eyed when I think about leaving everyone.

Anyways... Later on that night Thomas and I went to a local restaurant near downtown Jackson called Bravo! It was an Italian restaurant and at first I thought I was a little underdressed in my jeans and top (but I did have boots on! haha) because everyone was dressed so fancy. The food was a little pricey, but I have got to say they had THE BEST grilled chicken entree that I have EVER had. It was so good, we will definitely be going there again! After we ate, Thomas and I drove over to Barnes and Noble (what is it with us and bookstores??) and got some coffee. We moseyed around a little bit and I skimmed over a few baby books (well, toddler books)... Then we went to the hotel room where I passed out from sheer exhaustion! A 5 hour drive and then all of that I just described made for a very long day....

Of course, the next morning I woke up at 7:11am. Im telling you, this child has ruined my ability to sleep in!! Arghhhh!!! Hopefully I'll remember how to do that someday!!! But we got up, got some breakfast, and drove around a bit more before we headed home at about 1pm. My mom was at home watching Charlotte and I really started to miss my biggin. I was so excited to see her when I got home, and I THINK she was excited to see me... However, less than 5 minutes after arriving home she was back to playing with her stuffed puppies... Go figure!! :)

I took a few pictures and I will have those up later on.....

1 comment:

Tiff and Seth said...

I'm so glad you commented on my blog- now I have your listed so I can follow! :) Best of luck finding a job/house in Jackson!!

ShareThis