12.03.2009

Happy Belated Thanksgiving


I haven't updated this blog in a few days, sorry! The holidays are here and we all know how busy we can all get! But anyways, this past weekend Thomas, Charlotte, and I drove up to Huntsville to visit family for Thanksgiving. Since I had to work on Thanksgiving night, we drove up Friday and let me tell you.. That was a BAD idea. Can we say "major grump mama"?? Yes. That was me. The sun was directly in Char's face the WHOLE DRIVE. So for 4 hours I hold up a towel to block the sun when all I want to do is crash and go to sleep after being up for almost 24 hours. I was exhausted.

But once we got there, it was really fun! Thomas' cousin and her boyfriend, his mama and her hubby, and his aunt and uncle were there and it was just great hanging out with everyone. I really like being around his family, they have always treated me so well. Charlotte loved it too! So much so that she did NOT nap AT ALL on Saturday! Weee!!! That was fun!! :-/ Seriously, she did surprisingly well considering she had so little sleep. But she did sleep great at night, no complaints there! I was wondering how she was going to do in that horribly uncomfortable pack n play.. But I guess she was just so exhausted by then she didnt care!! haha

As the above picture probably tells, we had a family celebration of little Charlotte's birthday! I can't believe she is about to turn 1! That totally blows my mind. Wasn't I just pregnant just a short while ago? Waddling around at work, feeling her kick inside my tummy, watching my belly grow, having TERRIBLE morning sickness.... And now she is walking around! Crazy!! Isn't God so cool to have designed pregnancy, birth, and then just the ability to watch that child grow up and.. walk? And call you mommy? And actually SMILE at you and think you're funny??? God is amazing.

Here is Char and her grandma Susan!!! :-)


No comments:

ShareThis