11.20.2009

Praise to the LORD, the Almighty

I'll be completely honest when I say there are not many female singers I enjoy listening to, especially when it comes to Christian music/hymns. But Christy Nockels is not one of these singers. She makes singing seem easy (its not! for me anyways) and I just love listening to her powerful rock solid voice. On Facebook today someone posted a status with a part of the lyric of this song. Of course, I had to immediately listen to it 10 times. In case you haven't heard it, it is an old hymn but it sung at a Passion conference one year. The link to listen to it is at the bottom, if you're interested. If not, just read the lyrics. Powerful stuff.

Praise to the Lord, the Almighty
The King of creation
O my soul, praise Him
For He is thy health and salvation
All ye who hear, now to His temple draw near
Praise Him in glad adoration

Praise to the Lord
Who o'er all things so wonderfully reigneth
Shelters thee under His wings
Yea, so gladly sustaineth
Hast thou not seen how thy desires e'er have been
Granted in what He ordaineth

Praise to the Lord
Who doth prosper they work and defend thee
Surely His goodness and mercy here daily attend thee
Ponder anew what the Almighty can do
If with His love He befriend thee

Praise to the Lord, O let all that is in me adore Him
All that hath life and breath
Come now with praises before Him
Let the 'amen' sound from His people again
Gladly for aye we adore Him

You can listen to this song here.

No comments:

ShareThis