5.18.2009

5 months old!



Charlotte recently turned 5 months old. Woohoo! I can't believe we've made it this far. I realize I haven't updated this in almost 2 months! Eek! Here are a few updates... She is NOT rolling over yet, neither back to front or front to back. Sometimes it worries me, but I know that she is a completely normal baby otherwise and the doc says she has until 6 months to roll.. So we're on the count down! lol She seems content to just stay on her back or tummy forever! Hopefully she'll be mobile by the time she's 2 years old! :)



As of this moment, little Charlotte has a cold. This makes her 3rd one in her short life. We are also on 100% formula now. I was pretty depressed about it at first, but my milk dried up pretty fast after I had a cold a couple months ago because I took ONE antihistamine pill. Oh, and guess what I realized (after the fact, mind you)? You know Unisom, the sleeping pill? I have to take one sometimes because I am a shift worker. You know what the main ingedient is? Diphenhydramine! An antihistamine!!! The same stuff in Benadryl. AHH! Like I said, NOW I realize this! No wonder I dried up so fast. Oh well, atleast I was able to feed her mommies milk for 4.5 months of her life, the most critical months. But she has been fine on formula, has had no problems whatsoever. She still is quite the little spitter, though! She'll spit up sometimes 3.5 hours after she's last eaten (she eats every 4 hours). Hopefully she'll outgrow that soon. I'm tired of her smelling like spoiled milk!


We are waiting until 6 months to start any kind of solid (because that's what the AAP recommends, plus I'm just too darn lazy to start now!!!! LOL), but I have been surfing around the 'net about making my own homemade babyfood. It looks so easy, I think I'm going to give it a try! I'm excited about it! There's so many yummy recipes out there. I hope Charlotte grows up to love her fruits and veggies. She has been eyeing me while I sip out of a cup. We were at Moe's the other day and I saw she was watching me, so I picked her up and let her gum on the top of the cup. Don't worry, she didn't get any of my sweet tea, but it was so cute! We also got a little sippy cut the other day and she seems to be taking to it quite well! Right now I just put a little water in it and it usually gets all over her, but she seems to like it!

Well, that's it for now!

No comments:

ShareThis