8.21.2013

Gettin' skinny!



I just wanted to post a little bit about my weight loss!

Those who know me know that one of the reasons I hate pregnancy is because I seem to pack on the pounds no matter what I do or what I eat. With Ben, I had a horrible spitting issue that caused my mouth to feel disgusting pretty much 24/7 for 9 whole months. Yeah, it was pretty miserable. So I would have to eat and drink to get relief from it and, well, all of that stuck right to me. I'm not really sure how much I gained with him, but I think it was close *gulp* 80 lbs. Yes, you read that right. I was pregzilla, for sure....

But anyways, that doesn't matter now. At about 6 months post partum, I realized that my body had lost naturally all the weight it was going to lose on its own and that I'd have to work to get the rest off. Boo hiss! I still had 40-50 pounds I needed to lose. How depressing! 

I joined a gym, started eating more whole/real foods hoping that would help with weight loss... But it didn't. Maybe it does for some people, but I guess my sweet tooth is just too big for that. :) So I joined MyFitnessPal.com and start logging everything I ate. I have a friend who had great success with it so I decided that will be the way I will lose it. So far, it has gone fantastic! I have lose over 20 lbs in just 2 months. I eat over 2000 calories a day, never feel deprived, and it seems the weight is just melting off. I do have breastfeeding to thank so that I can eat more... But I am thankful that it hasn't been that hard, at least not yet.

Other than logging what I eat, I go to Zumba classes at the gym 3x a week. I look forward to going, it is my "Me" time during the week. Only 2 of those days the kids are in the childcare part, and it's only for 1.5 hrs, so I don't feel guilty at all. In addition to the Zumba, and I think this is really where I've landed success, I've started weightlifting. Yes, weightlifting, like the weights over in the Manly Section of the gym. ;) I've been doing the StrongLifts 5x5 program which uses compound lifts that work multiple muscle groups to get more done in less time. I love it! My posture is better, I look toned and fit (well, mostly, just gotta get rid of this layer of fat haha) and a lot of people have told me I look like I weigh less than I do. I've also gone down several pant sizes. Woohoo! New clothes! :)

I'm hoping to be at my goal weight, or at least close to it, by Ben's 1st birthday in December. I think I can do it! I'm ready to be in shape and done with the baby weight once and for all. After gaining over 200 lbs between 3 babies in 4 years, I'm ready to feel normal.

Now for some before/after pictures....






1 comment:

Adrienne said...

You look great!!!

ShareThis