2.27.2010

Gatlinburg!

So, I have realized I am falling into my old non-blogging habits! Ahh! I was hoping to keep up with this thing. Oh well, we do the best we can, right?

Anyways, last weekend the hubs and I had a chance to take a much needed getaway. We went to Gatlinburg, TN and it was so much fun! I liked the area, although it tended to be a little too touristy for me. There was sooo much to do, though, and of course we couldn't do everything. I missed Charlotte, of course, but I knew she was in great hands and being taken care of.

We stayed in an awesome cabin. It was a little more expensive than I thought it would be so I probably wouldn't go that route again, BUT.... It was such a nice experience. Here are some pics...

Our little getaway cabin!

Someone needs to get out in the sun more! Eek!!

So nice to lounge around in...

Of course, this was our favorite part -- the hot tub!

Gatlinburg is in the Smoky Mountains so of course we couldn't go without snapping some pictures of a part of God's glorious creation.



Of course when you're in Gatlinburg you have to go up on the Skylift. It takes you to the top of a close mountain where you are able to just see the mountains and take it all in. And people say there is no God? God's creation is just so amazing to me and just so beautiful.

On the Skylift... It was pretty scary as Im NOT a fan of heights...

The happy couple!

Moi

I'm not going to bore anyone with all the details but it was a fun getaway sans baby. We went to a place called Wonder Works which was basically a mind amusement park. It was full of sciency stuff and had a few rides and... laser tag! Which, of course, we had to play!! It was fun, although I didn't win LOL. 

We also shopped a bit in downtown Gatlinburg, ate at one of the 1,284 pancake restaurants in the area, and bought some fudge. Yum! We also went to Dixie Stampede, a dinner show owned by Dolly Parton. You aren't allowed to use any silverware, you have to use your hands. It was so fun and had a lot of animal stuff including horses (and little ponies!) and potbelly pigs. Ha. 


Waiting on the show to start!

We didn't get home until 9pm on Sunday night so Charlotte was already asleep. I loved reaching into her pack n play, picking her up, and taking her home. I realize I hate being away from her. We plan on going back to Gatlinburg maybe in April and taking us with her! We will probably do more "nature" type stuff next time, maybe some horseback riding!

Anyone wanna come with? :)




1 comment:

Firehouse mama said...

We love gburg! We go allllll the time. At least once a year! Glad you enjoyed it, and there are tons of cabins that are awesome and still cheap! You just have to know what you're looking for. Next time you go, let me know and ill give you some cabin pickin tips!

ShareThis